Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Back To School

I took part of the afternoon off work yesterday to watch my son in a Thanksgiving play. It wasn't half bad! I am concerned about the competency of the principal though. As we were leaving he made an announcement to remind kids that there would be no school today...

What kind of idiot thinks kids need reminding that they have a day off school!

On a more serious note, I then read an article last night on the influence of the Real Estate Industry on politics... That was pretty disturbing, especially since I just paid out a nice healthy commission on the sale of my house, and ended up doing most of the leg work for it myself. And then I read about the way the Pentagon is wasting money through their purchasing program...

It reminded me of a poster I saw at my dad's office when I was a kid. It read,

"It's hard to soar like an eagle, when you're surrounded by turkeys"

I'm glad to associate with a lot of eagles, but sometimes the turkeys in government just really get me down...

No comments:

Post a Comment