Saturday, January 09, 2010

Best Movie - Part 1

First, a disclaimer:

I'm South African, and the overthrow of Apartheid is a subject which has a profound impact on my personal being.

With that said, I just got back from seeing Invictus with my wife. It probably isn't the best movie ever made, or the best movie I've ever seen, but at this point in my life, dealing with the subject it dealt with, it had a profound impact on me. The night was filled with a lot of very powerful emotions and personal insights.

It's late, and I'm hitting the sack. Hopefully I can get a decent review pulled together tomorrow - of found something else to blog about!

2 comments:

  1. It is indeed!

    I left South Africa in 1994 and returned in 1996. The events inspiring the movie happened in '95.

    I'm going to blog more about it shortly, but I noticed a marked change in the culture between those times, and I'm wondering if this was the pivotal moment.

    And it's a movie which features rugby as the central theme, but there is so much more to it than that... Just in case you're not a rugby fan!

    ReplyDelete