Thursday, January 21, 2010

Best Advise for Spammers

I don't know about other bloggers, but I've gotten a lot of wacky spam type comments lately.

The crazy thing is... This spam is posted anonymously, and no links are included. So there is no way to track back to who it was, or why they're spending their time posting comments with badly worded attempts at compliments while it is painfully obvious they haven't read the post itself.

My advice to spammers...

First, include a link, so at least I know why you're including your badly worded comments.

Second, this blog doesn't use square brackets to designate a link, it uses standard HTML. If you use the square brackets approach as used by PHP-BB and other products, your post just looks tacky and ugly.

Follow those two guidelines, and at least I, and those who subscribe to the post, will know what the hell you stand for.

I'll still delete your comments as soon as I can, but at least for the few minutes or seconds you have them up, you'll look slightly professional!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, it's spam ...

    If you've yet to join the conversation re X-Mormon of the Year over at Main Street Plaza, this here is your official invite! ( And all apologies for this spamalicious OT comment ! )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not spam if I like the site!!

    I'm still trying to figure out who I want to vote for - I think it's probably Reed Cowan, but I need to do some more reading on the other nominees too.

    ReplyDelete