Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Six Things Everyone Should Accomplish Before They Turn 18

I got tagged by someone.... I think this may well be my first. The person initiating the tag was Frank Staheli. The topic is....

Six Things Everyone Should Accomplish Before They Turn 18

  1. Hold a Job
    Whether this is just a paper route, summers on a farm or a part time job at the local store. I think you need to learn how the world works, and the value of hard work.

  2. Support a Cause
    So you can learn that there is something more important that you out there, but that you can make a difference. It doesn't really matter what the cause it, just that you have a chance to feel a passion for something.

  3. Stand up for Something
    It doesn't matter what it is, but you need to stand up for something. Preferably something that gets you out of your comfort zone and teaches you to have a back-bone.

  4. Learn to think
    One of my favorite quotes is "I think therefore I am dangerous". If you can think, it'll be more difficult for people to fool you. You'll also experience far more from the world around you if you approach it with an open mind.

  5. Have a Pet
    Every kid needs a dog, cat, hamster or some other creature. It'll teach you to love, care for and ultimately learn about the whole circle of life.

  6. Enjoy Themselves to the Fullest
    I think few people appreciate the care-free enjoyment that comes with youth, more than those who no longer have it. I wish I had enjoyed it more, and been less concerned with growing up as soon as I could.


So that's my list...

I hereby tag (as prescribed by the originator of this)

Here's the game plan
Ron and Jessica
The Mediocre Gatsby
Esteban (This one could be scary)
The Dancing Mouse
CAW

By being so tagged you are under no obligation to do it, but if you want to...

1 comment:

  1. I've beeb a bit slack with the blogging (busy at work, can you believe it?) but I'll have a little think and meme away soon!

    ReplyDelete