Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Almost feels like Spring

Well after I wrote that wee blog this morning, I went and did some research online about the SPP - the thing that people are calling the North American Union. I'm not sure if I know exactly what it is yet, but one thing is for sure... There is way too much BS flying around about it, from both sides of the aisle. Lying scumbags!

When I did a Linus certification some years ago (Yes, I have never denied being a geek) we looked at Microsofts response to Linux and it involved a FUD approach - Fear, Uncertainty and Death. Never a good approach, but it seems to work with brain dead people. Looks like that's what the conservative right are doing with this. Guess I've changed a lot in recent years.

Anyway, so feeling bummed out by that, I have since found that I wasted the 100th post on this blog talking about it - double bummer!

The day did get better though. In Salt Lake today, it is sunny with blue skies. According to The Weather Channel it is 25 degrees (or 4 below for those used to Celcius). I suspect it may be a little warmer, since the snow is melting pretty quickly.

I ended up running up the City Creek Canyon with someone from work. I haven't run in over a week, and the person I went with is pretty slow. That said, it was a beautiful run. The snow is still bright and clean, and you can see deer tracks traversing the mountains. The air is clear, the sky is deep blue, and I got so hot, that I was almost tempted to remove the gloves. We did 4 miles at a leisurely pace. I feel fan-freaking-tastic.

I am really, really excited for spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment