Thursday, September 02, 2010

Thula Mama

I slept in this morning... The alarm went off, and I hit snooze, and snuggled back up to Mrs Koda, and then it went off again, and I hit snooze and snuggled back up...

The process repeated itself many times over.

When I finally got up, showered and dressed, I went to put my work shoes on, and remembered they were in my backpack downstairs, so I threw on an old pair of running shoes, and headed out, grabbing my backpack en-route.

I've been at work for almost 3 hours now, and I had every intention of changing my shoes... Or perhaps I didn't. I'm still wearing the running shoes and thoroughly enjoying the comfortable feeling they bring.

Not even sure why I share that story... Unless you happen to know me, and am wondering why I'm wondering around in running shoes, but I don't think anyone in my immediate vicinity at work has a clue.

In other news, I was watching a TED video this morning, and a video with the title, "Thula Mama" popped up. It's Zulu and is pronounced Tool-a Ma-Ma. Simply put it means Quiet Mother, or Peace Mother. Mother or Mama being a term used to refer to your biological mother, or any lady who is your senior. I knew a lot of good Mama's while I was a missionary.

Zulu Mama's are the bees knees in my opinion!

This isn't exactly my type of music, but I enjoyed the performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment