Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Finger Licking Good

So after about a week away from the office, I'm finally back.

Waking up was rough, and I was almost on time. The shower took a little longer than it should have, and by the time all was said and done... I ended up almost an hour late.

We had Chinese food last night as well, although, I suspect that despite the restaurant being owned and run by authentic looking and sounding Chinese people, it was likely an American version of Chinese cuisine.

I think if I could trade lives with anyone right now, it would be Anthony Bourdain.

Anyway, since I usually skip both breakfast and lunch on work days, I decided that leftover Chinese would be a good thing to bring in.

I filled a bowl with ham fried rice, and Mongolian Beef.

And I got a little bit of the sauce from the beef on my finger as I was putting on the lid.

Man! It was good!!

The flavor spread over my lips, and into my mouth, and the salivating began.

It was a long drive to work, and when I finally pulled in, my stomach was growling and I was drooling like nothing else.

I caved 30 minutes in...

Breakfast this morning was most of my mix of the fried rice and the beef. My lips are still tingling, and my mouth is loaded with flavors and spice.

Mmmmmmmmm!

I'm not sure if the rest of my lunch will survive much past the next hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment