Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Should know better...

Sometimes I just need to take myself aside and smack some sense into me...

I feel a lot like I did a few weeks ago after seeing a story on the news late at night that pissed me off. Why do I let this stuff get to me?

The lesson I learned back then, but failed to apply this time (At least up until now...) is:

WHY DO I GIVE A CRAP ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK OF ME?

I'll see if I can't get some more humorous material on here tonight, like perhaps my concerns with my 18 month old son, who I came home to find asleep in my bed the other day, wearing his sister's swimsuit and with a bow in his hair - Sounds just like something a mischevious older sister would do to him, but it wasn't... His mother was the culprit.

Should I be concerned? Again I shouldn't care what people think about me, and I think my opinions on Gay Marriage and stuff are fairly well know.... but all the same.

3 comments:

  1. "WHY DO I GIVE A CRAP ABOUT WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK OF ME?"
    Because you are human.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True, but that just seems like a prety lame excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be glad your son doesn't belong to Elizabeth Hurley. She dressed her 5 yr old son, Damian, up in a bikini and pink sunglasses and used him in a photo shoot to advertise her new range of swim suits. WTF! lol.

    Being human, complete with faults and foibles, is a good thing. What if you restricted your care factor to only those who are in your circle? That is, friends, family, loved ones. Forget about the rest - the strangers in the street, checkout people, other drivers, etc. It's too much work to care about what EVERYONE thinks, so shrink the circle and think less about caring about transient people think.

    A few weeks ago, I was with B in a bookstore. My black scarf was too hot to wear so I wrapped it around the top of my head b/c I was too lazy to carry it. I suppose I looked pretty hilarious but I didn't give a rat's arse. He pretended to be too embarrased to be seen with me, but I just laughed and hung around him anyway. Some people just naturally care about what others think of them more than others. I think it has a lot to do with upbringing. I've always been odd. Quirky. Eccentric. I fit in when I have to and I don't when I don't have to. It works :)

    ReplyDelete