Sunday, March 09, 2008

Relating to Lyra

It's been an interesting day... I'm also dead tired. A couple of things occurred to me today:

There was a wee incident during my speech at the Church. Not a big deal, but it made me realize I'm not who I used to be, and I think that's a good thing. It did make me feel pretty depressed and crappy for the remainder of the day (The incident did), but the realization was almost sweet in comparison.

I finished reading the final book in the Golden Compass series. The Dancing Mouse made mention that I might not like the ending - I think I know what she meant. It just ended differently from what I expected - not bad, but perhaps not as good as the remainder of the story. I do feel a connection to the story though, and I can see why organized Church's would not want people to read it. It points out all the problems with today's major religions. Personally if a person or organization feels threatened by the book, the problem lies with them and not the book. It might be time for a little introspection.

I am planning a much more in depth report on today, for now I retire to bed, feeling a little lost and lonely, not unlike Lyra does at the end of the book, but I feel a great sense of promise as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment