Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Selling Point?

If you've been looking at my other blog Koda Fit then you probably already know that I purchased a new bike a few weeks ago. It's a racing bike and I am hoping to use it to improve my speed on triathlons which I'll be competing in over the next few years.

Along with the bike I also purchased a pair of Pearl Izumo cycling shoes. One of the selling point of these shoes is the vented toe which will keep you feet cool and dry.

Let me set the scene for those of you not currently residing in Northern Utah. We had snow over the weekend. Spring is approaching, but is definitely not here. As I left the house over lunch to put a couple of miles in on the bike, it was a balmy 30 degrees. For those whose nations have advanced ahead of the US, that is in Farenheit, and not that warm, no, not that warm at all. In fact it is 1 degree below zero if you are used to celcius. There was a slight breeze as well, but nothing too bad.

Anyway, so I did a hair over 10 miles (I think thats about 16km). The vented toe is definitely not a selling feature for rides like this. I returned home and urgently removed the shoes to ensure that 4 of my 10 toes were still there, since I could not feel them.

I also confirmed the fact that I will need to get a hell of a lot more practice in before the first race at the end of the month.

1 comment:

  1. I remember that feeling, from years and years ago, cycling in the winter, thawing my hand out of the "grip" position in front of the heater when I got home. Brrrr.

    ReplyDelete