Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Liberation and Lust

A good friend and I were talking last night about the attitudes of certain people in a respective neighborhood towards us and our families.

In my case, the dipstick who called my house at 6am on a Sunday morning some months ago, and is now making a nuisance of himself trying to get me to go and do visits with him is currently being ignored by yours truly. It's not enough that I told him, I won't go... He sees it as his personal responsibility to get me to go, and is taking personal offense that I won't. It's spilled over to his wife who is now refusing to acknowledge our existence and has been quite the topic of conversation with the extended family. I know a member of the extended family quite well in fact and so I found out all about it. Very Christian like if you ask me.

My friend has similar issues.

People try to manipulate you into doing something and when you don't fall for their sneaky schemes, they take it as a personal insult against them from you.

I remarked to him as I have in the past, that there is something amazingly liberating about coming to the realization that everyone around you is convinced you're going to hell. Just kinda takes the pressure if!

So with that in mind - specifically that I'm going to hell, today's post (well actually today's second post) is brought to you by lust!!

But first, since I think most of my readership fall into the female persuasion, and because I believe in equal opportunity for lust...

Ladies, in a special clip from the Jay Leno show... Here you go!



And if it helps (I know it did Mrs. Koda), he is barely 18, so don't worry about any legal consequences of said lusting!

And finally gentleman, please enjoy!



And actually if you really want to enjoy that song - might I suggest the official music video - on which, unfortunately embedding has been disabled. You can enjoy it right here.

8 comments:

  1. First of all, I TOTALLY agree about everyone thinking you're going to hell. Once you accept that's how they feel, it starts to seem a bit ridiculous. If you ask me (which you didn't but that's never stopped me before), hell sounds a lot more fun than heaven. I think I would be bored stiff in heaven, quite honestly. Now, purgatory (if I believed it existed) is another thing altogether.

    Secondly, thank you so much for posting the Jacob clip. Mrs. Koda and I are equally as willing to go to hell to see his 6-pack abs. Again, if this is what will send me to hell, I'll happily jump on the train any time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I'll look again when he's 30 and put a little hair on his chest!
    See you in hell :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo, hoo! Lust is my favorite deadly sin!!! I very much appreciate the clip of Jacob, I've seen the entire movie twice already and would see it again just to ogle the wolf pack's abs on the big screen.

    You're mistaken about Taylor Lautner's birthday, though--he's not 18 till February. If you meant the character of Jacob, I believe he's 15 or 16 in New Moon. Oh, well! It's only illegal to act upon that lust, and if I got the chance (ha, ha) it would certainly be worth the jail time :D

    p.s. Are you taking Mrs. Koda to the movie? Can your ego handle it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes! You're right, he's still 17... Now I'm wondering if I might be guilty of sexual exploitation of a minor, which was sooooo not my intention.

    In response to the question about my ego, perhaps I should post a few topless pictures of myself...

    ***Interlude to allow for the subsiding of all the loud and raucous laughing out on the interwebs***

    Actually Mrs Koda is still trying to finish book #4. And if that doesn't blow your mind, I should add it's in the midst of the ***Spoiler Alert*** final battle. I suspect it's because she's still upset ***Another Spoiler alert*** that Bella got changed.

    I'm not sure if we'll get to see it in the theaters, probably just wait for it to come out on DVD like we did with the first one. But if Mrs. K wants to go, I'd take her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't mean to imply that your abs are substandard, Koda. I'm sure your wife appreciates them very much! Pretty impossible to compete with bronze teenagers who do 4 hours of crunches per day, though. As long as we don't get held up to the standard of Atomic Kitten, we women won't compare our men to the wolf pack :)

    One more thing about the Jacob clip you posted: I thought it was about time that a man was in a situation which would warrant him commenting, "Excuse me, my eyes are up here."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry Emily, I didn't take it as an implication that my abs where sub-standard. Truth be told, my 1 ab is bigger than his 4 combined, and mines more cuddly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL! UK, that was hilarious - your 1 ab is bigger than his combined. Touche' my friend - touche'.

    As for hell - I'm with TV, I think all the interesting people are going to hell. And once they think you're damned, might as well really earn it. I mean, who wants to go to hell for drinking coffee, for Christ's sake??

    ReplyDelete
  8. My mind reflects back to a "The WORD" on Colbert a week or 2 back. Something about how in heaven you get to fly around in a rob with wings while playing a harp - you know, manly stuff!

    ReplyDelete