Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Coming Out...

I still laugh uncontrollably when watching the "Defenders of Marriage" video I referenced a week or so back - here

Actually I think it gets funnier every time I watch it.

I've been debating for a while now, whether or not I should put it out on Facebook though. You see the last time I put something controversial out on Facebook, it garnered a rather interesting response, and subsequently prompted a sibling of mine to take the road of tattling to dear old Mom and Dad, that I was being a bad Mormon. I ask you... Is life just a glorified version of Elementary School?!?

Anyway, I've picked up a bunch more friends since that last post, so I figured it was time to come out again. Most of my friends are the very religious conservative types, so this will likely come as a shock to those who have known me in the past - especially, since I used to be one of the worst conservative religious type people you could meet, but sometimes people need a bit of a shock!

On the plus side though, it tends to bring out people who share similar beliefs, but are too afraid to say anything, for fear of retribution. Something very therapeutic about knowing that others share your beliefs, especially when you're surrounded by a culture that would readily cast you out for thinking such things.

Have no fear, I'll be sure and post of the more humorous responses here!

(And subsequently dropping from the friend list all who choose to call me to repentance.)

No comments:

Post a Comment