Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Scarlet Fever?

Have you ever know anyone with Scarlet Fever?

Well, raise your hand. I ended up getting it as a complication with a bout of strep I had last week.

It's an interesting thing. There was a point when I was seriously contemplating the fact that I could die - and in all actuality, I may have, had I not finally gone to see the doctor.

And after losing my faith in religion, God and in life after death, you might think that the prospect would be terrifying.

Surprisingly enough, I felt just fine about it. I was worried that I'd be leaving Mrs Koda in a pretty nasty situation, but as for me and death. I really didn't bother me that much.

Oh... And I'm just peachy now, thanks to a nice big shot of penicillin in my ass!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you're okay! And impressed with your sense of peace about your mortality - that is one thing I have not conquered since losing my faith. Now I feel the slightest headache and I'm this close to a panic attack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My older sister had scarlet fever when she was young and her hair fell out. Hope that doesn't happen to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even it does... I keep my head essentially shaved, so I should be good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh God, I want at least 60 more years!!!
    ... and why are these shots always administered in the ass?! is this for the doctors entertainment?!

    ReplyDelete