Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Strange and Flattering

Instead of my usual lunch time run yesterday, I went for a short walk. It turns out that I wasn't the only one with that idea. I returned to the office after several strange and unusual encounters while out in the sun.

The pinnacle seemed to be a young man in different clothing who came stroll up the hill towards me towards the end of my walk. By different clothing, I just mean, not the usual fashion, but he was well dressed none-the-less.

As he passed me, I noticed he was talking on his cell, and as I got closer to him, he paused and seemed to be waiting for me to pass... Fair enough, thinks I, as I would likely have done the same.

I passed him and continued on my way, only to hear him start chatting again... Except the chatting was right behind me... Turns out that as I had passed, he'd turned as well, and was heading down the hill, about 10 feet back, and there he stayed for the next 5 minutes.

Now, I'm not usually one to eavesdrop - Well, maybe I am - I'm a curious guy, but I didn't really have the option in this case, since he was so close and talking so loud.

I don't recall the entire conversation, but it involved a girl and a prom dress and some photographs, and then comes the twist... It sounded like he asked if he could try the prom dress on... And he'd dressed up as a girl before, and apparently many occasions, and usually he wore make up, but not this time. But apparently the dress looked fabulous, and as soon as he got the photo's, he was going to post them on facebook and send them to his friend.

I was a little freaked out at first... The area I was walking isn't known for it's safety, but I figured I would stand a good chance if it came down to him vs. me. The fear dissipated after a while, and was replaced with just a simple fascination on my part.

By and by, he finished his conversation. Told his friend that he loved him, and the next thing I knew, he was gone...

Interestingly enough, there were no places to turn off, and so I can only assume he turned and continued on his way up the hill.

And with that assumption, I have to wonder why he would choose to follow me down the hill...

Is my ass that appealing to young men?!? I wouldn't have thought so, but if it is, I guess I should be flattered.

No comments:

Post a Comment