Friday, March 21, 2008

Ready to Go....

We're launching a big application at work over the weekend. The plan is to get it done by early this morning (It is currently just after 1am) Thus allowing some of the team to take care of some Easter Weekend vacation plans. I have no such plans, but would still like to enjoy a weekend off.

As we discussed coming in at midnight tonight, 2 thoughts ran through my mind...

The first is that I will need some help to stay conscious. I was able to get about 2 hours of sleep in the afternoon, however one of the young ladies in the household needed some help with some basic bodily functions, and I was the only parent home at the time. That kind of ended all sleep at that point. Sleep didn't come when I hopped into bed at 9pm either, partly because of the afternoon nap, but there were other reasons to that should probably not be discussed in this forum...

Second was a song that was included in the movie - Black Hawk Down. I think that was the movie when I first got the impression that war is bad - before that I liked heroic stories. From Black Hawk Down, I saw the terrible destructive nature of war. I also grew to appreciate the ideals of the character played by Josh Hartnett. But that is the topic for another blog. As the Rangers are preparing to go into Mogadishu, a song is played loudly throughout the hanger. That song came to mind as I sat in the meeting today. Some research revealed that it is a song by Faith No More, called Falling to Pieces. Comments on YouTube about the video suggest that there may have been some illicit drug usage in making this video. It's a little on the strange side, but I still like the song.

I think I've listened to it 8 times tonight already. All while sipping RockStar Juiced with Pomegranate, on the rocks. I can already feel the caffeine kicking in. This will be a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment