Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Lightbulbs and Layoffs

I received the official invitation to a Christmas shin-dig of sorts put on by my superiors. Last year it involved sandwiches and super sweet punch in a room hidden in the bowels of the building I work in. It wasn't too bad, had it not been for the Merry Christmas message given by the deputy dude in the department, about how many of us would face layoffs in the year to come...

I'm not sure I'm going to go this year.

In other news, my job search has yet to turn up anything promising. I've tried following up on the couple of interviews I've had, but I've run into folks who all seem to be suffering from extreme cases of apathy. It may have to do with the type of business I'm in.

There is a company though which I think I'd like to work for. They were founded on the principle of creating a place where people want to work, and thus far the dividends appear to be huge.

I've been trying to think of a way to get my application noticed by them, because to be honest, coding database interactions just isn't sexy.

BUT I HAD A BRAINWAVE THIS MORNING IN THE SHOWER!!!

I'm going to put together an interactive resume over the next day. Databases may not be sexy, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to try.

I may post a link when I get it done... Maybe...

2 comments:

  1. Go for it. It sounds like the kind of company that only wants folks who are passionate about their "dreary" job. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete