Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Patriotism

I read an excellent posting on the Tea Party movement by another blogger last week, and I can definitely respect the motives behind the movement. The thing is, I don't think most of the tea-baggers actually get those motives. I think they're motivated by something else...

I see all the signs saying... Dissent is the ultimate form of Patriotism!

Which I happen to agree with, but these were the same people who were calling people who protested the Iraq war traitors...

Anyway, in that light, and in light of other events in my life, a quote by a Founding Father...



Thanks to TJ for cluing me into the remainder of the quote, which makes it even better...

"...because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear."

2 comments:

  1. The ending to the Jefferson quote makes it even better...

    "...because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Can't believe I missed that part of it. Post has been amended!

    ReplyDelete