Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Message

I mentioned on my other blog that I teach a youth Sunday School class on Sundays. Apparently this surprised a couple of my readers, which I can't say I exactly blame them for. My policy is basically that I refuse to teach anything from my personal opinion which goes contrary to the teachings of the organization, but at the same time, there are aspects of the organization which I refuse to indoctrinate the kids with, which makes for really short lessons some weeks!

I was a little bummed that the lesson manual I have didn't have a specific Christmas message this years, however I was surprised to find the lesson scheduled for this week included only stuff I agree with, and it actually contained a message very fitting for the season.

2 quotes by the Church Leader on which the lesson was based...

“Gentleness is better than brutality.”


“Kindness is greater than coercion.”


In a world where it seems we think problems can only be resolved by the threat of military action and who has the biggest bombs, I think this is a rather poignant message.

A little more kindness, a little more gentleness and I think most of the worlds problems would resolve themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment