When you look at the field for the 2008 election season, I think what we have is a field of establishment supported politicians, who care more about their personal comfort than the American people. I find their lack of integrity sickening and am not sure if I would trust any of them to sit the right way on a toilet seat, let alone run a great nation.
2008 will also be the first year that I will be able to participate in the Presidential Election, courtesy of the Immagration and Customs Enforcement agency of Homeland Security, so this is of particular interest to me.
In this field of what could only be described as scum bags, there are however 2 exeptions. Barrock Obama is an interesting candidate, his desire to work for the people and not take money from sources which he feels are corrupting politicians has definitely interested me a lot more in him. I don't know enough about him to make an educated analysis of his platform, but I would definitely like to find out more.
Ron Paul is the other exception, not only in the Presidential Race, but in almost every aspect of politics. The more I read about him, hear him and learn about him, the more I like him. Some of his idea's seem a little extreme, but he has excellent logic to support those ideas. He is a politician of the people who calls it as he sees it, and does not change his views based on what he thinks you want to hear from him.
- If you are against the Iraqi war, Ron Paul is an excellent candidate.
- If you are for border security, Ron Paul is an excellent candidate.
- If you are concerned with all the meddling we do in world affairs, Ron Paul is an excellent candidate.
- If you would like to see America get out of debt and limit government spending, Ron Paul is an excellent candidate.
- If you would like to help people become self sufficient and succeed, Ron Paul is an excellent candidate.
- If you believe in freedom, Ron Paul is an excellent candidate.
- If you believe in Civil Liberties, Ron Paul is an excellent candidate.
- If you feel something is very wrong with modern politics, Ron Paul is an excellent candidate.
The thing that I like about him the most is that he believes that the more complex an issue, the more localized it needs to be.
Schools shouldn't be handled federally, they should be handled locally, so you can have more say on how things are done.
Abortion and other hot topics are much the same.
Ron Paul is a candidate that will let you live you live and continue to pursue life, liberty and happiness. He is a true American and in the race to make a difference to the country not for himself.
A vote for Ron Paul, isn't a wasted vote, it's a vote for you, me and America.