Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Defining the Koda

I signed up for a group a while back called NaBloPoMo. National Blog Posting Month. Basically the idea is that during the month of November every member of the group has to post something every day. I'm going to try my best to do this, but we'll see at the end of November.

So since I'm about to start a month of daily blogging, I figured it would be good to kick it off with a discussion of who and what the Urban Koda stands for...

My identity is somewhat of a secret... A few people know who I am, and I try and keep it that way. I'm not so worried of people finding out my true identity, I'm more worried about people who know my true identity, finding out about the Urban Koda. This worried me a little because I am not one who likes to live a double life, but I have found that certain people, mostly family, just can't handle some of this stuff... So in my normal life I discuss these topics with care, whilst as the Urban Koda, nothing is sacred!

Originally this blog was supposed to be about the power of the human soul... It's somehow morphed into a hodge podge of political commentary, religeous observations and just random thoughts I have had.

So if I were to define the Urban Koda...

  • I believe in freedom. No-one is a slave unless they choose to be.
  • I beleive in the infinite power of the human soul. Your body may limit your physical interaction with the world around you, but your mind and soul are limitless.
  • Generally religeon is for weak minded individuals who want to be part of the herd. True religeon should help a man realize his full potential. Realizing that full potential shifts power from a religeous organization to the individual, and therein lies the conflict of interest.
  • I believe in God and Christ. However not in the way most people do. I would tell you, but conversations like this normally end with the other party testifying about Satan and telling me I'm headed straight to hell...
  • I don't like politicians. Most of greedy self centered scum bags.
  • I'm not a republican
  • I'm not a democrat
  • I don't think you can do something good based on a foundation of deceit. Sorry Bush, but the Iraq war and your plans to form an American Union don't sit well with me for that exact reason.
  • Everything should be questioned.
  • Pure Religeon, Pure Science should take us to the same place.
  • I cannot control you, and you cannot control me. Attempting to do so is the reason for all the crap going on in the world right now.
  • I love exercise - to the point that it I might have an obsesssion with it. This is new for me, but I hope it continues. I would like to compete in an IronMan triathlon before I turn 40.
  • I believe that all men are created equal. We're all born into different circumstances, but we can all succeed.
  • Success is not wealth. Wealth is not success. Success is being headed in the right direction for you.
  • I'm frequently sarcastic - Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but it's still a form!!
  • I abhore violence
  • I believe in the American Constitution. I choose to believe in it. I think that it should be held up as a light to the world, but never imposed upon them.
  • I like most music, movies and just life in general.
  • I would like to strip my life of all prejudices. Prejudice is just another way of defining fear and ignorance.


So that's me, or at least part of me... I'll be interested to see where I end up after 30 straight days of posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment