Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Banging My Head!

So, in case you haven't heard... I start a new job in just under 2 weeks. I've been feeling bad because my current team has an application due in the middle of March and they're way behind.

It's not for lack of trying though... With all the bureaucratic red tape you have to cut through to get anything done, the people wanting the new application have caused the delay themselves.

But I thought with the week and a half I have left, I could make a difference.

I should add at this point, that aside from no raises and sub market pay, I seriously spend more than half my time, sitting on my butt doing nothing. Which makes for good blogging time, but it's killing me. You'd think all the relaxation would be a good thing, but seriously it has the opposite effect. And it's not like I haven't asked repeatedly for more to do, but after doing it for so long, I think I've just become annoying, so I've spent most of my days surfing the net, blogging and screwing around on Facebook.

So here I am, anxious to help leave them in a good position, having given two weeks notice as a courtesy as well, and I get told this morning, that...

THEY DON'T WANT ME TO CODE ANYMORE!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Someone then asked me if I was sure I wanted to leave. I'm quite proud of the fact that I was very cordial and polite in my response!

1 comment:

  1. sounds like we have the same mind-numbing job.

    Good luck at the new one! :)

    ReplyDelete