WARNING: This is a departure from my usual content. I ran into a nasty little bug this afternoon while coding, and since it's not documented anywhere, I figured I would document it here.
SEVERE GEEK ALERT: Do not read unless you're a computer geek. You have been warned...
The basic formula was to create a new row to the table, and then to create 5 new cells, using:
row.insertCell(x) where x is the number of the cell.
So I had:
cell1 = row.insertCell(0);
cell2 = row.insertCell(1);
cell3 = row.insertCell(2);
And I would also assign contents to each cell.
Problem was in IE, the cells would be displayed in the order 0, 4, 3, 2, 1 but in Firefox it was 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 as expected.
What I ended up doing to resolve the problem was to create a set of cell elements like:
var cell0 = document.createElement('td');
var cell1 = document.createElement('td');
var cell2 = document.createElement('td');
adding all the contents to each cell, and then once the were all populated, appending them as childElements to the Row element.