Thursday, September 06, 2007

Scandalous that they should die...

It was with much sadness that I listened to the news this morning that Pavarotti had passed away. I'll admit that I am not much of an opera guru, but I think I have known of Pavarotti for most of my life.

It made me think back to a few other deaths that I have been saddened by over the past decade or so.

Most recently was Steve Irwin the Crocodile Hunter, and the other that remains in my memory was Mother Theresa of Calcutta.

All three of these were people that I felt I knew, not so much because I what I read or heard about them, but more because of what I didn't. They went about sharing their talents with the world, and in the process of which managed to avoid the sex, money and drug scandals that seem to have become common place with the popular people of today.

Yes, these are people that I admire and will miss greatly.

No comments:

Post a Comment