Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I'm Alive!

Yikes, I can't believe it's been over a week since I last blogged here... There was a long weekend, significant increase in the amount of work at my day job, and we've had some of the little Koda's sick as well. We have a sneaky suspicion that it may be the piggy flu, but so far it has been pretty mild, just lots of coughing and mucous.

Before I get into the meat of today's post... I've gained a whole bunch of extra followers at this blog, and over on the Koda Think Tank one as well (In fact, followers on that one have doubled in the last 2 weeks). While I'm not exactly sure why anyone would want to follow this blog, I am deeply honored that many of you do. My reasons for blogging have always been as a way to vent my frustrations, achievements and thoughts, and I appreciate the encouragement and feedback I get from many of you.

Alright... I use Opera to keep track of the various twitter feeds I follow, as well as a few of the blogs I follow as well. I tend to hang on to the stuff I really like to peruse at a later time, but every so often I feel the need to clean house. I thought I'd post a couple of them here, so I can clean house, but still have access to them. While they may mean something special to me, due to circumstances or experiences I've had, I think they could likely be applicable to a broad audience.

First is the most motivating article I've read in years, perhaps ever. I've read it to my wife and kids, my Sunday School kids and shared it with several colleagues at work. It's from The Art of Non-Conformity site, and simple entitled...Beware of Life.

Click here to read it

Next is a series of unrelated quotes...

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
- Wayne Dyer

A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion. Subjects are less apprehensive of illegal treatment from a ruler whom they consider to be God-fearing and pious.
- Aristotle, 343 B.C.

Keep away from those who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that.
-Mark Twain

If you are so afraid to fail that you live as cautiously as you can, you fail by default.
-JK Rowling

Your true character shows when nobody--especially God--is watching.
-paraphrase from an unknown source by Lisa J.

The two opinions about your abilities that you should never trust are your own opinions, and the majority’s opinions.
-Scott Adams

And finally...

I'm not sure who the originator of this is, but it appeared on the blog - A Moment to Think

No comments:

Post a Comment